When this game released on June 1st, 1990 it was just another release. Disney comes out with some good titles from time to time like Mousecapades and some of them are more in this lane.
“It’s time for the Mickey Mouse parade down Main Street of Disneyland, but before things can start, the six silver keys to the Castle have to be found. Scattered all across different Disneyland attractions, it’s up to the player to enter these worlds and obtain the keys. They are located in the following mini-games:
- Haunted Mansion – A side-scrolling platform game where you must avoid ghosts and monsters. Your only defense is a candle weapon which you can throw to extinguish any of the enemy creatures.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Travelling from the top of the screen downwards, you must navigate a minecart onto various tracks looking for the path that will lead to the third station and the key. Obstacles and dead ends can bring this ride to an end.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – A side-scrolling platform game. Your objective is to sneak past a horde of pirates and rescue six captives, after that, light a signal fire to obtain the key. The only thing that will stop the pirates directly is the ability to roll barrels into them and knock them over.
- Autopia – On the racetrack, Panhandle Pete will send all of his auto goons at you. Avoiding these cars as well as other obstacles and jumping over pits will bring you to the finish line to collect the key.
- Space Mountain – Inside the Space Mountain Rollercoaster, follow the track from the cockpit and listen to Mickey’s navigational aids regarding which directions it will turn. Try not to hit the walls and eventually you’re reach section F and the key
- Disney Trivia – The last key is hidden amongst Mickey Mouse’s “friends” who will ask you to prove your comradery by answering several different trivia questions regarding the Walt Disney company and the company’s productions.”
Pick up your own copy here and don’t forget to check “Sold Items” before hitting up an auction.