Skate or Die was awesome, Skate or Die 2 was a sequel and then they thought: “Maybe Preppys want a game” and Ski or Die was born. Starting this month in 1991 you could pretend to be on a cellular telephone on the slops when really you’re just in the living room.
“Ski or Die is a winter-themed extreme sports game in which the player can competes in 5 different events:
- Downhill Blitz: Downhill skiing event in which the player can make large jumps over chasms and perform stunts in the moguls section
- Innertube Trash: Two players descend a mountain in innertubes. Score points by picking up items, perforating your opponents tire with a knife or fork and finishing first.
- Acro Aerials: Ski down a ramp and score points by performing acrobatic jumps.
- Snowball Blast: First person snowball fight. Score points by taking out little that attack your snow fortress.
- Snowboard Half-Pipe: Put on your snowboard and score as much points as possible in a limited amount of time by performing tricks inside a half-pipe.
Practice a single event or try the tournament. The tournament mode has hot-seat multiplayer support.”
Pick up your own copy here and don’t forget to check “Sold Items” before hitting up an auction.